Also previously known as Sutton Park, the Farley Way stadium (also called Quorn Football Clubs), is a football stadium that previously hosted the Leicester City WFC and was home to their women’s football league for their home games.
Since July 2018, the Leicester City Women have played their home games at Farley Way Stadium. It was also home of Quorn Football Club then. The stadium originally opened as Sutton Park in 1994 and was renamed Farley Way Stadium in July 2013. In the summer of 2018, Farley Way Stadium was rebuilt, with a “state-of-the-art” 4G field replacing the grass field.
In May 2018, Leicester City Women received a Level 2 license after an extensive application process. The Foxes were one of five new teams to join the new FA Women’s Championship, and on April 4, 2021, the team won the Women’s Championship seal in the FA Women’s Super League. These days, the Leicester City women have taken a significant step by playing at King Power Stadium or Pirelli Stadium being the alternate venue if clashes with the men’s team are planned to prevent them from playing at King Power Stadium UK.
- 1 How to Get to the Farley Way
- 2 Where to Park
- 3 Away Friendly Pubs Near Farley Way Stadium
- 4 Hotels Near Farley Way Stadium
- 5 What Have Other Away Fans Said About Their Trip to Farley Way Stadium?
- 6 Leicester City Women Twitter
- 7 Stadium Key Facts
- 8 Other Women’s Super League League Grounds
How to Get to the Farley Way
If you’re planning to drive to the venue, from M1 junction with A43, you’ll want to take the A46 north then turn left onto the A6 after 4 miles. Them, at the junction with A6004, take the 1st roundabout exit going left onto Loughborough Rd. After about 600 yards, turn left on Farley way and the venue should be on your left.
Alternatively, you can input the whole address onto your Sat Nav and just follow the directions on there: Sutton Park, Farley Way, Quorn, Leicestershire
By Train or By Bus
There are several public transportation options to take, depending on where you’ll be coming from. You can check the best available routes in this link here.
Where to Park
There are a ton of parking spots on the Quorn Football clubs premises. However, you can also find parking nearby. You can get in real-time updates of available parking spots at this link here. The parking spots are relatively near the stadium and the city centre.
Away Friendly Pubs Near Farley Way Stadium
Thinking of winding down after watching a match or just looking to down a pint on a Sunday? Go ahead and check out the local pubs like the ones listed below:
- White Hart Inn
- The White Horse Quorn
- The Quorndon Fox
- The Royal Oak
These are around a 10-15 minute drive from the grounds and also quite near the city centre.
Hotels Near Farley Way Stadium
There are several hotels, inns, and bed and breakfasts nearby, but the ones listed below come in highly recommended by locals and awayfans alike:
- Quorn Country Hotel
- The Manor House at Quorn
- Premier Inn Loughborough Hotel
- Cedars Hotel & Restaurant Loughborough
- Acorn Cottage
- Ramada by Wyndham Loughborough Hotel
- The Hunting Lodge
What Have Other Away Fans Said About Their Trip to Farley Way Stadium?
Back in the late 2000’s, the area was still known as Sutton Park, and back then, Quorn was one of the smarter venues fans could visit to watch the majority of the season home games, and you didn’t even have to book tickets as it was a first-come, first-served basis. There was a grandstand with 350 seats and, although this was the only deck at the time, it was still impressive for the level and good condition.
In recent years, mainly because of the presence of the leicester city football club women’s football, the grounds have undergone some major changes – a decent deck was added behind a door that increased the covered capacity to over a thousand, there was a decent tea bar on the floor, and there was also a bar that had the usual bargains you’d expect from a clubhouse. Though the LCFC women didn’t prove to play a good game, the facility itself still gave a great experience.
A little further afield, the city centre is about a 10-minute walk away, which offers a good selection of outlets. Overall, the place is excellent with smart and modern facilities and one of the best at step 5 since it’s well kept. It also gives great memories since club managers often green visitors there.
Leicester City Women Twitter
Stadium Key Facts
- Capacity – 1,400 (400 seats)
- Address – The Clubhouse, Farley Way, Quorn, Loughborough LE12 8RB, Royaume-Uni, UK
- Pitch Size – 59m x 106m
- Pitch Type – Artificial Turf
- Year Ground Opened – 1994 (renovated 2018)
- Coordinates – 52°44’55.8″N 1°10’49.0″W
Other Women’s Super League League Grounds
- Arsenal Women's - Meadow Park Stadium
- Aston Villa Women - The Bescot
- Brighton and Hove Albion Ladies - The Broadfield Stadium
- Chelsea Ladies - Kingmeadow (Cherry Red Records Stadium)
- Everton Women - Walton Hall Park
- Leicester City Women - Farley Way
- Liverpool Ladies - Prenton Park
- Manchester City Women - Manchester City Academy Stadium
- Manchester United Women - Leigh Sports Village
- Reading Women - the Madejski Stadium
- Tottenham Hotspur Women - The Hive Stadium
- West Ham United Women - Victoria Road (Chigwell Construction Stadium)
- Women's Super League Grounds