What is your favourite bet type on the football?
With so much selection we will breakdown the various football bet types you can place.
Sports betting is surprisingly in-depth! Most punters will opt for a straight bet, where they will place a token amount of money on a given event or market.
But others like to think a little bit outside of the box. Interested in having some of the more adventurous bet types explained? Read on for the full lowdown.
What are the different types of football bets?
There are many types of football bets to choose from when placing a bet.
From singles to accumulators, we have a list of all betting types available to wager.
Check out our full list of bet types and online betting glossary below for an introduction to some of the more exotic types of betting out there. You may have heard of some of these before – while others will seem completely alien to you! Don’t worry – as we are always here to help as your guides.
- What is a Double Stakes About Bet?
- What is a Goliath Flag Bet?
- What is a Heinz Flag Bet?
- What is a Single Stakes About Bet?
- What is a Super Flag Bet?
- What is a Super Heinz Flag Bet?
- What is a Union Jack Patent Bet?
- What is a Union Jack Round Robin Bet?
- What is a Union Jack Trebles Bet?
- What is a Union Jack Trixie Bet?
- What is an Alphabet Bet?
The comprehensive explains all the various betting types you can place with online bookmakers.
What Are the Different Types of Bets?
Many online sportsbooks and bookmakers will let you diversify your betting slip in a big way. This means that, instead of having to place all your eggs in one basket, you can change things up.
Get access to wider markets and even bigger chances of taking home some serious money. For millions of punters online and offline, different types of bets help to make things very interesting from play to play.
If you’re new to betting, don’t worry – as we will have you covered. Bookmakers offer more than simple straight or each-way punting. Now’s your chance to take a closer look at what’s on offer!
Best Types of Football Bet
As the saying goes “it matters more when there’s money on it” then football is certainly a place where there are so many variations of bet types to wager.
All the major football betting brands online accept the following bets below and these also are available for the in-play betting punters:
- First Goalscorer
- Correct Scores
- Half Time / Full Time
- Handicap Betting
- Anytime Goalscorer
- Outright Winner
- Both Teams to Score
- Draw no Bet
- Winning Margin
- High / Low Booking
- Total Corners
- Player Goal Minutes (spread betting type)
- Aggregate Shirt Numbers (spread betting type)
- Match Performance (spread betting type)
All of these betting markets on the football are available with the online bookmakers and you can accumulate these into the full list of bet types above so you find many punters wagering a treble or football accumulator on these markets above.
From years of experience betting across multiple sports markets and wagering with all the betting brands online, it is fair to say we know enough to share our thoughts if you are new to betting online.
There are several quotes and phrases I would like to touch upon because wagering money online can be the most enjoyable interest to so many of the public, but also it can be a lonely place if bet outside your means.
When the Funs Stops, Stop
Here is a well know saying and the minute you stop enjoying wagering a bet on an event then you need to stop because it is meant to be fun and winning from the bets is a byproduct.
It Matters More, When There’s Money On It
This phrase is so true and placing a bet on an event makes it so much more enjoyable and exciting to watch from our experience.
Our Best Three Bet Types
So from years of experience betting online here is the top 3 betting types in order:
- Lucky 15 Bet – a combination of 4 selections consisting of 15 bets gets our #1 position. Make sure you utilise the 100% bonuses they offer in many bookmakers to enhance your returns and also the treble odds for one winner as these are the reasons we love this bet type so much
- Accumulator Bet – there is no better feeling than over a weekend having a football accumulator bet on the weekends premier league fixtures. So, for this reason, an accumulator bet gets our #2 choice
- Lucky 31 Bet – similar to the lucky 15 bet type but this is 5 selections you choose and consists of 31 permutations of bets. The reason this gets our #3 vote is again for the treble the odds for one winner and this offers a 200% bonus for the five winners if you are lucky to get this up
Hope you like our various bet types explained in detail and best of luck making your selections.