A double stakes about bet has two selections and two bets.
In this wager, you will need to win on the first part of the bet to qualify to place cash on the second.
This bet is somewhat similar to the single stakes about bet. However, this differs in terms of the stake you place in the second part.
This bet allows you to double your stake for the second leg. Therefore, it could give you a large return on the back of a low risk, low entry-level stake.
Keep reading our complete guide to the double stakes about bet and find our whether it is the right option for you. Do also take a look at a double stakes about bet calculator to make sure you are making the most of your money.
- 1 How to Place a Double Stakes About Bet?
- 2 How to Use the Double Stake About Bet Calculator?
- 3 Are Double Stakes About Bets Worth It?
- 4 How Many Horses Need to Win for a Double Stakes About Bet?
- 5 Other Two Selection Bet Types
- 6 Which Bookmakers do a Double Stakes About Bet?
- 7 What Happens if a Selection is a Non Runner?
- 8 What Happens if my Selection Dead Heats?
- 9 Double Stakes About Free Bets Bonus
- 10 FAQ’s
- 11 Other Bet Types
- 12 Summary
How to Place a Double Stakes About Bet?
To place a double stakes about bet, you need to place a single stake on one event.
Then, if you win on the first event or selection, you can transfer the money and double the original stake on the second.
Many punters and horse racing fans find this bet to be one of the most appealing. It ups the stakes and only relies on two different selections. What’s more, it rarely needs much of an initial stake for you to take part in.
The double stakes about bet can sometimes be found in larger multi bets. However, it is more likely that you will find the single stakes about bet.
This is a similar bet which merely asks you to transfer the original stake to the second part, not to double it.
We think both bets have a lot of potential. However, it may be worth considering an SSA first, before you get into a DSA.
How to Use the Double Stake About Bet Calculator?
As with the single stakes about bet, it’s relatively simple to work out your returns from a double stakes about bet. However, we still recommend using a calculator to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Select ‘Double Stakes About’ on the Bet Type dropdown
- The Number of Selections will automatically choose double stakes about picks
- Select the ‘Outcome’ for each of the selections like ‘Winner’, ‘Placed’, ‘Lost’
- Select the ‘Odds’ for each of the selections like ‘3/1’, ‘5/1’, ‘12/1’
- Select the ‘Stake’ wagered on each bet like ‘£2’, ‘£10’, ‘£30’
- The double stakes about bet Calculator will work out total outlay, return and total profit
Are Double Stakes About Bets Worth It?
Double stakes about bets are great if you have only two selections to bet on.
If you feel both of these selections are sure things, this bet type will allow you to increase your potential return.
For many punters, it is worth choosing the DSA over two single bets as it may mean they get a larger total return. Of course, the odds at stake will apply, too.
However, rather than just placing one bet at a time, this bet type lets you take advantage of slightly more advanced bet stakes.
It is also a great choice if you are new to multi betting. A DSA bet is relatively low risk, and will only require you to win two races to get a good return total profit.
However, no matter the odds and no matter the selections, always be ready to enter your horse racing data into a calculator. Once your stake is placed, you had better hope that first selection wins!
These bets are ideal if you’d like to work your way up from simple, single bets and one selection opportunities.
How Many Horses Need to Win for a Double Stakes About Bet?
To win the full double stakes about bet, you will need two horses to win.
However, you will need one horse on the first bet placed to win so that you can progress to the next.
Both selections in this bet will add up to an increased total. That second selection is crucial, as it will mean you make double the money!
Unlike a round-robin, you don’t need much luck to make a return here. However, it will still pay for you to learn more about how bets are placed.
Other Two Selection Bet Types
Here are other bet types that include 2 selections:
- Doubles – a simple double is a bet on two events at once. The DSA bet improves on this by increasing your potential total return on your stake.
- Single Stakes About – this is another up and down bet which is a little simpler than DSA. This bet doesn’t need you to double your stake. Instead, it allows you to simply transfer your money won from the first part into the second.
Which Bookmakers do a Double Stakes About Bet?
Despite not being overly popular, the double stakes about bet can be placed at the majority of bookmakers, including the industry leaders listed below:
What Happens if a Selection is a Non Runner?
If you have one non-runner in a double stakes about bet, your bet will essentially be classed as a single on the other selection. For example, if your unit stake is £1, your total stake is £2.
If you have one non-runner and one 2/1 winner, you will receive £6 back in total, which works out as having £2 on a 2/1 winner.
What Happens if my Selection Dead Heats?
Now there is technology in place to accurately determine winners, dead heats are pretty uncommon, but it’s worth knowing what will happen to your bet if it does occur.
If one of your selections is involved in a dead heat, the stakes for that part of the best are halved. So, if you have a 4/1 winner in a dead heat, that part will be paid out as if you had a 2/1 winner.
Double Stakes About Free Bets Bonus
If you’re new to betting, you could be in line to receive a free bet bonus when opening an account with an online bookies. If so, a double stakes about bet may be a relatively risk-free way to make a profit – provided you choose the right selections.
Make sure you are aware of the terms and conditions, however, as most free bets will have the stake subtracted from any winnings.
What is an Up and Down Bet?
An up and down bet is another name for single stakes about and double stakes about bets.
Other Bet Types
There are a range of other bet types too. To find out about the different types of bets, please take a look at these pages below:
- What is a Double Stakes About Bet?
- What is a Goliath Flag Bet?
- What is a Heinz Flag Bet?
- What is a Single Stakes About Bet?
- What is a Super Flag Bet?
- What is a Super Heinz Flag Bet?
- What is a Union Jack Patent Bet?
- What is a Union Jack Round Robin Bet?
- What is a Union Jack Trebles Bet?
- What is a Union Jack Trixie Bet?
- What is an Alphabet Bet?
We recommend trying the single stakes about bet first to see if you are comfortable with the format. If this is the best betting format for you, then make sure to make your way towards the DSA.
Double mode allows you to increase your chances of making a serious profit on any stake made.
Why not take a look at a calculator to see how much money you could make while betting this way?