If you’re a football fan, you’ll be familiar with the emotional rollercoaster that comes from following a favoured team. Sometimes, sports betting offers a welcome respite from worrying about how a performance or scoreline will impact your side’s position in the league table. Making use of football betting apps provides a different focus for your attention.
As football is among the most popular forms of sports betting in the UK, there is no shortage of websites and apps vying for your attention. We are often asked what sounds like a simple question – “what is the best football betting app?”
If the answer to that was straightforward as the question, this would be a much shorter article. In reality, the quality of football betting apps is measured in a wide array of terms. We’re going to take the time to review all of the common names that soccer enthusiasts consider the best football betting apps, as well as those that somebody more interested in, say, horse racing, may consider among the best sports betting locations.
- 1 Best Football Betting Apps 2022 – The Results
- 2 Are betting apps better than betting sites?
- 3 What makes a good football betting app?
- 4 What are the best football betting apps?
- 5 FAQS
- 5.1 What is football betting?
- 5.2 Why are football betting apps so popular?
- 5.3 Does every betting site have an app?
- 5.4 Are betting apps linked to betting sites?
- 5.5 Do football betting apps give the same odds as betting sites?
- 5.6 Are football betting apps secure to use?
- 5.7 Are iOS football betting apps different to Android apps?
- 5.8 Should I use an app or website for my first sports bet?
- 5.9 What is virtual football betting?
- 5.10 What is the best football betting site?
- 6 Summary
Best Football Betting Apps 2022 – The Results
From our extensive research, the below are what we consider the best football betting apps available on the market today:
- Place bets and live stream sporting events simultaneously with the Unibet Betting App. Available on iOS and Android devices.
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first sports bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in.Full T&C's Apply
- With ‘fingerprint’ touch ID, logging in is faster than ever before. Download the 888sport app onto your iPhone or Android phone today for unmissable offers
Min deposit £/€/$10 • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/€/$10 • Min odds 1/2 (1.50) • Free Bets are credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes are not included in returns • Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days, wins are capped at £/€/$500 • To withdraw bonus/related wins, you must wager the bonus amount up to 40 times its value within 14 days • Casino Bonus expires after 60 days • Casino Bonus can be used on selected games in casino only • Restrictions apply to withdrawals, payment methods & countries.Full T&C's Apply
- The new mobile phone app is the latest clever, fast product from William Hill. Bet on all the sports betting markets including in-play betting and William Hill “Top Bets”
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 13.04.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook. Further terms apply. #adFull T&C's Apply
- The Ladbrokes mobile app is an amazing platform for those who do not have the time to browse websites
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £/€5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £/€5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- The bet365 mobile app (available to download for free on Android and iPhone) lets punters bet on the go while keeping the same advanced features found on the bet365 website
- The official BetVictor app for android and iOS provides the best betting experience as it’s faster than BetVictor mobile or desktop sites
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsiblyFull T&C's Apply
- Simple is super with the Betfred Android app, which makes sure you are covered for all of your sports betting needs with an easy-to-navigate interface
New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required.Full T&C's Apply
- With the Betfair Sportsbook app you’ll enjoy sports betting on all of your favourite sports, whenever and wherever you want
Place a min £10 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £30 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. T&Cs apply. Please Gamble ResponsiblyFull T&C's Apply
- The Coral app gives you the ability to bet no matter where you are, you can bet pre-match, bet in-play and use the Coral cash out feature
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Placing bets via the Paddy Power betting app is simple. Upon opening the app you will see a range of popular sports and sporting events listed
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any Football market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- The Spreadex Sports Betting app is the only app that allows you to place both sports spread bets and sports fixed odds bets
New Customer Offer. T&Cs Apply. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- A Sports Betting App for iOS & Android. The experience for users of the MansionBet mobile app is one of profound quality.
New customers only. Min deposit and bet £10 (£20 if E/W bet) from UK debit card only. Min odds Evens (1/5 per leg in multi selection). £10 Free Bet valid for 7 days, stake not returned, no Cash Out, max winnings £5k.Full T&C's Apply
Are betting apps better than betting sites?
It’s not really our place to say that a sports betting app is better than its counterpart website (assuming there is such a thing – some bookmakers operate exclusively in the realm of iOS and Android mobile apps.)
To pluck a popular name from the air, some punters may insist that the Bet365 app is far better than the same bookie’s website. Others, however, will prefer the experience of browsing a full online sports betting locale.
There are undeniably some advantages to using football betting apps over websites, though. The biggest of these is the ability to engage in football betting while on the move. Football games move quickly, and the pendulum can swing in an instant with a goal, an injury or a red card. The best betting apps will acknowledge this, and thus let you enjoy in play betting and adjust your approach accordingly.
While we often refer to a “mobile app” when discussing the best football betting apps, do not feel restrained to simply betting on a smartphone. These iOS and Android apps will obviously work on a tablet as well as a phone. You can even place bets using your watch if you have sufficiently advanced technology!
In the most important aspects, though, betting apps for football should not vary in any significant way from their website overlords. You should have access to the same payment method options and the same football markets,
What makes a good football betting app?
There are many things that different people consider to be dealbreakers when weighing up the pros and cons of using a mobile app. For us, this is what we consider to be non-negotiable when we think about whether to download something from the Google Play store or iOS app store.
- Ease of use. First thing’s first – you should be able to use the app as soon as you download it from the app store. If it is strangely laid out and you struggle to understand how to use the mobile app, it clearly is not the best betting app for your needs
- Mirroring master website. Ts and Cs apply to any website, and these should be mirrored on a mobile app. There should not be any discrepancy on which payment restrictions apply, whether live streaming can be shared from one format to the other, any sportsbook bonus and any casino games that can also be enjoyed
- Good odds. Always check the max and min odds before committing to using a mobile app. The best sports betting app for you is one that updates odds in tandem with a master website
- Fair treatment for first-time users. Be wary of a betting app that takes advantage of somebody making their first bet. Betting apps for football, in particular, should be clear about what payment restrictions apply, whether live streaming is available, how long any qualifying bet settlement will take to arrive in an account, and how free bets work. A mobile app that takes advantage of inexperienced users will never be in the running for the best betting app as far as we are concerned
- Wide array of betting markets. A good betting app will not restrict your football punting. If you want to bet on a game in the Argentinian second flight ending in a 3-3 draw, the best betting apps will offer this possibility. Equally, you should not be restricted to score predictions and trophy wins – the best apps will let you wager on goalscorers, the minutes in which goals are scored, red and yellow cards, and much more
- Live streaming. One of the great advantages of wagering on a mobile app is the chance to watch a game unfold, reacting to what you see in real-time. Not every betting app in the UK can live stream football due to blackout laws. Look into this
- Bonuses and promotions (i.e. free bets). Will the app offer you free bets when you sign up, or bet credits for any future wagering? Does the mobile app have a Free Bet Club for longstanding members that show loyalty?
- Bet settlement times and policies. Nobody wants to be left waiting for their winnings, or find themselves arguing with a bookmaker. The best mobile betting apps settle up quickly and without quibbles. Learn if any payment restrictions apply, such as getting the winnings from any free bets paid in cash rather than mobile app credit
- Payment method options. Not everybody is comfortable betting with a debit card or bank account. Find out what payment method options the mobile app offers. You may prefer to use an eWallet service, like PayPal or Skrill. If that’s the case, check which Ts and Cs apply – do these payment methods count as a qualifying deposit for a free bet or another reward?
- Accumulators. Many punters, whether their passion lies with horse racing, football or anything else, love accumulators. Learn if the mobile app will offer the chance to create a bet builder that allows you to enjoy some serious winnings if it comes off
- Betting exchange. Serious punters may prefer pitting their wits against fellow gamblers rather than a bookmaker. A betting exchange market can be a big attraction on a football betting app
- Cash out option. If you’re set to win big on a football match but the result is in doubt, you do not necessarily need to shred your nerves. One of the most appealing parts of live betting is the opportunity to cash out – ending the bet early and guaranteeing victory, in exchange for a lower sum of winnings
- Option to self-exclude. We all need to cool off every now and again. If you are worried about your gambling, look for an app that will allow you to self-exclude. This means freezing your account so you cannot place bets, even with bet credits, and return when you’re feeling a little more secure in your ability to gamble responsibly
If you’re looking for the best betting app for your needs, consider each of these factors. Remember, all sports betting apps – and, in fact betting apps in general – differ. The ideal horse racing app may not be as strong for football betting, and even the best betting apps will not appeal to everybody.
What are the best football betting apps?
“Better” will always be in the eye of the beholder. Whenever you visit a new betting site or are downloading betting apps for the first time, cast your eyes back over the list above and confirm that the bookmaker is meeting the criteria for a quality punting experience.
All the same, some football betting apps undoubtedly have a superior reputation to others. Let’s take a look at some of the names widely considered to be the best football betting apps out there today – all of which, unless otherwise stated, can be downloaded on all iOS and Android appliances. These apps are listed in alphabetical order, not in any form of priority or preference as to which we prefer.
Please allow us to stress – unique Ts and Cs apply to every one of these sites, and we can’t list them all here. You should take the time to familiarise yourself with any restrictions pertaining to payment method, qualifying deposit, free bet bonuses and promotions and any bet settlement rules and regulations before downloading any betting app.
Without further ado, though, let’s take a look at 20 of the best betting app options that you’ll find in the app store of your choosing.
10Bet, website and mobile app alike, is famed for its excellent odds on football, horse racing, and indeed any other sport. The welcome bonuses and promotions are not the best – 50% of a first qualifying deposit, capped at £50, so signing up and placing £60 in your account will get £30 in free bets. The min odds on 10Bet will always be worth a look, though.
888 Sport offers generous welcome bonuses and promotions to new customers, including £30 in free bets and a casino bonus. The mobile app is also very neatly laid out, making it appealing for betting novices. There are arguably more unique options out there, but there is plenty to love about 888 Sport as a pure betting app.
The Bet365 app was one of the first of its kind for tech-savvy sports punters. Age alone does not grant the title of best sports betting app, though. How does Bet365 stand up today in an increasingly competitive niche?
The welcome offer is very generous – £50 in free bets following a £10 stake on your first qualifying bet – and Bet365 offers enviable access to global live streaming of matches. We have to say, Bet365 remains one of the most popular betting companies in the world for a reason.
BetBull brings the social aspect to betting, with users treated to insights and tips from other punters throughout. Obviously, that does not guarantee success – there is no such thing in gambling – but using BetBull for football betting is the closest you’ll come to watching a game in a high street bookmaker’s shopfront.
If you’re looking for a betting exchange, there is none bigger than Betfair. This is far from the best betting app for novices, as there will be an expectation that all wagers placed are done so with foresight and knowledge, but it’s possible to attract big winnings from fellow football fans, especially if you use the bet builder feature.
Bet Fred offers a number of football-specific bet builder options, so if you’re looking for something a little more off-the-wall than straightforward result predictions, this could be the best app for you. As a new customer, you’ll receive £30 in free bets once you make your first qualifying bet of £10 (payment method exclusions apply here, as always) and a casino bonus.
One of the biggest advantages of BetVictor is the speed at which the app works. Live betting is as easy as pie using this app as it reacts so fast – you’ll never be left stranded on a spinning wheel screen, losing out on the chance to gain the best odds possible.
New customers using this mobile app can get £30 in free bets, plus a £10 stake returned. That’s £40 in free bet stakes from a £10 first bet, plus casino bonuses. There is undeniably a lot to love about BetVictor if you’re new to sports betting.
If you’re looking for a strong, simple and streamlined online betting app, BetWay has you covered. This is a remarkably easy app to use, and bet settlement for winning punts comes in pretty quickly. The welcome offer is but not remarkable – £30 in matched free bet stakes if you back a losing accumulator. The biggest draw of BetWay is the user-friendliness of the app, though. It’s perfect for technophobes that still want to place a wager.
This is another betting app that wins out in the user experience stakes. To be honest, it does not hold a candle to rivals in terms of tempting welcome offers or promotions. As a fast-responding, sleek and stylish betting app, though, few can compare.
If you’re looking for an all-rounder betting app that offers good – if not spectacular – performance on a range of sports, consider high street stalwarts Coral. This mobile betting app offers £20 in bet credits once you’ve made a £5 deposit on a qualifying bet (albeit only if you’re using a cash equivalent) and is neatly laid out to allow simple use and navigation.
If you’re feeling confident that you have the ultimate sports bet up your sleeve, take a look at Grosvenor Sport. The welcome offer here is simple but tempting – you can double the odds on any qualifying bet, with the deposit capped at £10.
OK, this is an extreme example, but £10 on Leicester City to win the 2015/16 Premier League title under this offer would have landed you £100,000 in cash. We love bet credits and a casino bonus as much as the next punter, but come on, you can’t argue with such an opportunity!
Another institution of the British high street, Ladbrokes may not offer a betting app that specialises in football, but it can provide a range of odds boosts – as well as £20 in free bets once a new customer places their first £5 in a Ladbrokes account. Much like Coral, the Ladbrokes app is solid and reliable without pulling up any trees in the world of football betting apps
Matchbook is a fun football betting app if you are still learning the ropes of bet exchange sports gambling. This betting app is not as big as Betfair, but it does offer an intriguing welcome bonus – up to £20 back in cash, not bet credits – if your first bet loses.
We’ve seen better welcome bonuses and promotions than the £15 in free bets offered in exchange for a £10 deposit by Mr. Play. For longer-term punters, though, Mr. Play offers a wide array of rewards for loyalty, including a free bet club.
Obviously payment restrictions apply, and Ts and Cs apply to other free bets. All the same, it remains worthy to opening – and retaining – an account with Mr. Play, even if the reward for placing your first bet does not blow your socks off.
Love accas? Then NetBet is the football betting app for you. If your accumulator does not come off with NetBet, you will receive up to £10 back in free bet credits so you can try again on another qualifying bet. That’s at least worth a single attempt at predicting a string of results over a footballing weekend.
Arguably more than any other app in the UK and Ireland, Paddy Power is renowned for jovial and banterous betting. There is more to the Paddy Power app than fun and games, though. Live streaming options are plentiful – albeit more for horse racing than football – and you’ll find no shortage of unique wagers available on the Paddy Power app that make live betting more interesting.
QuinnBet takes an interesting approach to rewarding punters that bet on football. If your predictions come to pass, any qualifying bet settles up with winnings ASAP. If your bet loses, though, this mobile app will refund 50% of your losses (capped at £25), as well offering a casino bonus of ten free spins.
Equally, winning punters are not punished for success. End your first day of gambling in the black and you’ll be granted a free £5 bet and ten more free casino spins – assuming you made a qualifying bet with a minimum stake of £10.
STS captures our attention thanks to a long-term cashback offer. Of course, payment method exclusions apply when looking to claim a free bet valid on this site. You’ll receive £5 in cash equivalent, though – not restricted bet credits – for every £100 you bet, capped at £50. That may not sound like much, but few betting apps – UK-based or otherwise – offer free cash to their customers.
UniBet serves customers from over 100 global territories. This can invaluable when it comes to football betting. The secret to an effective bet builder is often finding an obscure gem in your acca, and an international audience means that UniBet is likeliest to provide odds boosts on overseas games that are not attracting the attention of most punters.
Unibet will also offer £30 in free bets once you deposit £10 into an account, as well as a £10 casino bonus, making for a very appealing package for keen football fans.
Another huge name in the realm of British betting, William Hill’s app is perhaps not quite as competitive as one may expect from such a sizable brand.
There is nothing inherently wrong with this betting app. It offers daily extensive live streaming, and some welcome odds boosts on the day of a football match. In many respects, though, the William Hill betting app is arguably better reserved for horse racing than football.
While you’re weighing up your decision on what should be considered the best betting apps out there, review this list of FAQs surrounding the art of live betting on the beautiful game.
What is football betting?
As the name suggests, football betting revolves around placing wagers on various football markets. The days of simply betting on who may win a big game between two Premier League giants have long passed. Today, punters can bet on football leagues all over the world, and enjoy live betting on such in play markets as the best goalscorer, a player being booked or sent off, or even more obscure statistics such as the corner kicks or throw-ins awarded during the game.
Why are football betting apps so popular?
Apps enable you to take to take the gambling experience on the road with you, keeping an eye on your sports betting experience and making decisions in the moment to maximise your chances of success. Betting markets, especially those related to a football match, change constantly. The best betting apps enable punters to roll with these punches and update their wagers accordingly.
Does every betting site have an app?
All the greatest and most established names in sports betting will have an app to complement their website. In fact, sports betting apps have arguably superseded the popularity of placing a punt using a traditional website. If we consider a website to be among the best football betting sites, you can be assured that we’ll also list it among our best sports betting apps.
Invariably, a sports betting app – and certainly the best football betting apps – will share a website and app. The big names, such as the bet365 app or William Hill betting app, will be virtual replicas of the brand name’s website. This means that, for good or ill, the same Ts and Cs apply to mobile betting apps that you’d find on a website.
Do football betting apps give the same odds as betting sites?
You should find the same odds on a football betting app that you did on the website of the same name. If the odds differ, this is likely due to real-time information that has filtered through. If Team A’s star striker and first-choice defender collide in the warm-up of a game, injuring each other and becoming unable to play, a sports betting app will immediately lengthen their odds to win and lower the odds on Team B claiming the victory. After all, on paper, Team B now has an easier task ahead of them. If you’re not in front of a computer, you may not see these odds change on a website.
Are football betting apps secure to use?
Any sports betting app worthy 0f your attention will take your security extremely seriously. All of the websites that we discuss here on British Racecourses will take the appropriate effort to protect your data and do all they can to prevent any data leaks. While there is an element of risk inherent in providing your financial data to any kind of mobile apps, mobile betting apps will do all they can to minimize the chance of any financial mishap.
Are iOS football betting apps different to Android apps?
Only in the sense that iOS and Android use different coding languages and hardware to bring their services to users, so there may be some minor differences in typefaces or other appearences. You certainly should not find any differences in odds, your bet builder options, any rewards such as free bets or payment method options between the two platforms on the same app.
Should I use an app or website for my first sports bet?
That’s up to you. If you think that you will want to take advantage of in play betting, though, the best football betting experience will likely unfold on an app. You’ll be able to react immediately to what is unfolding on the pitch. The best football betting apps will react immediately to your requests as the football betting markets adjust in real time.
What is virtual football betting?
If you want a break from punting on ‘real’ football, many betting apps allow you to wager on virtual football betting. This is similar to virtual horse racing – it’s not a genuine sporting event, but a fictional electronic diversion that runs every few minutes. Oftentimes, the teams involves are not even real – you’re likelier to be invited to bet on London Reds vs. Manchester Blues than Arsenal vs. Manchester City. Bookmakers set odds on these fictional games, a computer crunches numbers based on probabilities, and a result is displayed. Be aware, just because virtual football is not real, the financial losses that you can incur very much are.
What is the best football betting site?
That is is for your to decide, based on your own experience and preferences. What we consider the best football betting app and website may vary drastically from your choice, based on the website layout, odds offered, user experience and rewards, such as free bets. From the moment you place your first sports bet, you’ll start to get an idea of what you consider the best sports betting app and website on the market. Don’t be afraid to try as many as you like, though. There is nothing to say you cannot claim free bets from all the options on the market as you seek the best betting experience!
Apologies if you clicked on this article expecting to find a definitive response to the question, “what is the best football betting app”, but there are far too many complexities at play to boil this down to one choice. You may as well ask, “who is the best football player in the world” – people argue about this constantly, debating and valuing different core skills sets. Some people value goalscorers other place emphasis on defending.
One thing is for sure, though. If you have a preferred betting website, browse the Google Play store or available iOS betting apps for appropriate mobile apps that you can use on the move.
All the best betting sites have these on offer, and if you have loyalty to an established name, you’ll likely find that they also offer the best betting mobile app. If you are starting from scratch in your search for the best betting app in the UK, we envy you. A world of opportunity – and free bets on the many and varied football markets! – awaits you.