Gaywood Park is a stadium in Hertfordshire that is home to the Kings Langley Football Club. This football ground is also named the Orbital Fasteners Stadium for sponsorship purposes. It will host the game between the women football clubs Watford Ladies FC and Sunderland AFC Ladies.
The ground was initially named after Graham Gaywood, a well-known Kings Langley FC benefactor who died soon after the stadium was finished in 1997. Orbital Fasteners Stadium has a variety of football amenities as well as a bar for fans and onlookers. It includes a 250-seater, 2,000 seating capacity, and a top-quality grass pitch with changing rooms that accommodate both male and female teams.
Meanwhile, Watford Ladies FC or Watford F.C. Women are an English women’s football team who compete in the FA Women’s Championship and are connected with Watford FC. They competed in the FA Women’s Super League (FA WSL) 2nd Division from its formation in 2014 until 2018–19, following coming second in the FA Women’s Premier League in 2013.
Following a league reform, the team was relegated to the third tier of the pyramid from 2018–19 to 2020–21. In the FA Women’s National League, they presently play their home games at Gaywood Park.
- 1 How to Get to Orbital Fasteners Stadium
- 2 Away Friendly Pubs Near Orbital Fasteners Stadium
- 3 Hotels Near Orbital Fasteners Stadium
- 4 What Have Other Away Fans said About Their Trip to Orbital Fasteners Stadium?
- 5 Orbital Fasteners Stadium Directions
- 6 Watford Ladies Twitter
- 7 Stadium Key Facts
- 8 Orbital Fasteners Stadium FAQ's
- 9 Other FA Women’s Championship Football Grounds
How to Get to Orbital Fasteners Stadium
Hempstead Road is accessible by bus, train, or tube. These are the lines and routes with adjacent stops:
- Bus: 318, 500
- Train: West Midlands Railway, Avanti West Coast, Overground, Southern
- Tube: Metropolitan
Leave the M25 at Junction 20. At the roundabout, take the second exit onto the A4251, which will take you to Kings Langley. Continue along the High Street into the village after passing through the first roundabout. Approximately 1.4 miles from J20, the stadium is on the right.
Away Friendly Pubs Near Orbital Fasteners Stadium
The 2 Brews Cafe Bar, once the Kings Langley Football Club’s club bar, has been turned into a real ale bar. They also welcome non-members.
Hotels Near Orbital Fasteners Stadium
Here are some hotels near the stadium:
- Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel
- Jurys Inn Watford
- Hilton London Watford
- Travelodge Watford Central
What Have Other Away Fans said About Their Trip to Orbital Fasteners Stadium?
The stadium is attractive and well-kept, with plenty of space for supporters to stand, watch the game and sit along the sidelines, including a small stand behind one of the goals. There is also an excellent bar on the premises.
Orbital Fasteners Stadium Directions
Watford Ladies Twitter
Stadium Key Facts
- Capacity: 1,963
- Address: Hempstead Road, Kings Langley, Hertfordshire, WD4 8BS
- Ticket Office: 01923 223023
- Pitch Type: Grass
- Year Ground Opened: 1997
- Club Name: Watford Ladies Football Club
- Rival Club: Sunderland AFC Ladies
- Official Website: https://www.watfordfc.com/teams/women/players
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/watfordfcwomen/
- Club Nickname: The Golden Girls
- Owner: Kings Langley Football Club
- Coordinates: 51° 43′ 12.94″ N, 0° 27′ 2.02″ E
Orbital Fasteners Stadium FAQ's
What is the capacity at Orbital Fasteners Stadium?
The capacity at Orbital Fasteners Stadium is 2000 fans.
Who owns Orbital Fasteners Stadium?
The owner of Orbital Fasteners Stadium is Kings Langley Football Club.
What is Orbital Fasteners Stadium's address?
The address for the Orbital Fasteners Stadium is Hempstead Road, Kings Langley, Hertfordshire, WD4 8BS.
Where do Watford Ladies play?
Watford Ladies play at the Orbital Fasteners Stadium.
Other FA Women’s Championship Football Grounds
- Blackburn Rovers Ladies - Sir Tom Finney Stadium
- Bristol City Women - Bristol City High Performance Centre
- Charlton Athletic Women - The Oakwood
- Coventry United Ladies - Butts Park Arena
- Crystal Palace Ladies - Hayes Lane (Westminster Waste Stadium)
- Durham Women - The Graham Sports Centre
- FA Women's Championship Football Grounds
- Liverpool Ladies - Prenton Park
- London City Lionesses - Princes Park
- Sheffield United Women - Proact Stadium
- Sunderland Ladies - The Hetton Centre
- Watford Ladies - Orbital Fasteners Stadium