The Graham Sports Centre, Maiden Castle is one of the facilities of Durham University. It is the home of the Durham Women Football Club, one of the fastest-growing football clubs in the country that competes in the FA Women’s Super League, the highest level of women’s football in the UK.
- 1 How to Get to The Graham Sports Centre
- 2 Where to Park?
- 3 Away Friendly Pubs near The Graham Sports Centre
- 4 Hotels Near The Graham Sports Centre
- 5 What Have Other Away Fans said About Their Trip to The Graham Sports Centre?
- 6 Outside The Graham Sports Centre
- 7 The Graham Sports Centre Directions
- 8 Durham Women Twitter
- 9 Stadium Key Facts
- 10 Other FA Women’s Championship Football Grounds
How to Get to The Graham Sports Centre
If you’re travelling from Durham’s city centre, take Stockton Road (A177) towards Shincliffe, and Maiden Castle will be on your left.
Exit the A1(M) at junction 61 and follow the signs for Durham if arriving from farther afield. Continue straight on Durham Road (A177) until you reach Maiden Castle on your right, shortly before entering Durham’s city centre.
The bus lines that stop near The Graham Sports Centre are 56, 57, 57A, ED3, X12, 58, and 59 IndiGo. You can check Durham W.F.C’s website posts and media comments for updates on the bus lines that leave the venue.
Because Maiden Castle is a 30-minute walk from Durham Train Station, you may want to use a taxi or one of the buses mentioned above to get there. Trains frequently run through Durham station on the East Coast Mainline.
Where to Park?
There is an open-air/surface car park in front of The Graham Sports Centre, and there are three Blue Badge parking bays within the car park. The nearest bay is 22 metres from the main entrance, while the farthest is 27 metres away. If you are a Blue Badge holder, you no longer need to book in advance.
Away Friendly Pubs near The Graham Sports Centre
There are restaurants near The Graham Sports Centre where away fans can eat, drink, and enjoy the rest of their stay in Durham, including the following:
- Amaani at The Pumphouse
- The Secret Garden Coffee Shop
- Barrio Comida
- Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar And Grill
- Tinderbox Coffeeshop
- The Picnic Basket
- Zaps Burrito Bar
- Shaheen’s Durham
- Market Kitchen
- Waffley Good Company
- The Undercroft Within Durham Cathedral
- Truly Inspirational
- Cafe on The Green
Hotels Near The Graham Sports Centre
The Durham Marriott Hotel is a short walk from Maiden Castle and conveniently access the Durham City Center. Durham City Centre also has premier inns, Travelodges, and B&Bs.
These are the hotels near The Graham Sports Centre:
- OYO The Townhouse
- The Town House
- The Victoria Inn
What Have Other Away Fans said About Their Trip to The Graham Sports Centre?
One sitting stand is located at Maiden Castle, with the rest of the ground housing standing spectators. Some seats are allocated for Premium Season Ticket Holders, while the others are available on a first-come, first-served basis once the turnstiles open one hour before kick-off. There are numerous good vantage points throughout the pitch to accommodate all demands and requirements.
At Maiden Castle, there are refreshments to satisfy everyone’s tastes at extremely moderate costs. Every home game will include Fat Frank’s Food Truck, which will provide a variety of hot and cold food, beverages, and some speciality products on special match days.
Outside The Graham Sports Centre
The Graham Sports Centre Directions
<iframe src=”https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d9207.022875932862!2d-1.5593986!3d54.7666816!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x0%3A0xf7da9a723e50ed89!2sThe%20Graham%20Sports%20Centre%20Durham%20University!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sph!4v1635120057338!5m2!1sen!2sph” width=”600″ height=”450″ style=”border:0;” allowfullscreen=”” loading=”lazy”></iframe>
Durham Women Twitter
Stadium Key Facts
- Capacity: 1,000
- Address: The Graham Sports Centre, Maiden Castle, Durham DH1 3SE, England, United Kingdom
- Telephone: 0191 334 2178
- Ticket Office: 07495 663334 (Durham W.F.C Marketing Officer)
- Pitch Size: 72.00m x 110.00m
- Pitch Type: Grass
- Year Ground Opened: 2003
- Club Name: Durham Women Football Club
- Official Website: https://durhamwfc.co.uk/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DurhamWomenFC/
- Club Nickname: The Wildcats
- Owner: Durham University
- Coordinates: 54.7667° N, 1.5594° W
Other FA Women’s Championship Football Grounds
- Blackburn Rovers Ladies - Sir Tom Finney Stadium
- Bristol City Women - Bristol City High Performance Centre
- Charlton Athletic Women - The Oakwood
- Coventry United Ladies - Butts Park Arena
- Crystal Palace Ladies - Hayes Lane (Westminster Waste Stadium)
- Durham Women - The Graham Sports Centre
- FA Women's Championship Football Grounds
- Liverpool Ladies - Prenton Park
- London City Lionesses - Princes Park
- Sheffield United Women - Proact Stadium
- Sunderland Ladies - The Hetton Centre
- Watford Ladies - Orbital Fasteners Stadium