Are you looking for the best bookmakers with in-play markets?
You can bet during a game or race meet with live betting sites – read on for more details on what the best bookmakers are currently offering and how to make the most of it.
In this full guide, we list the best inplay betting sites and how to enjoy live betting in December 2023 with free bets.
Most top-rated football bookmakers have an in-play betting section allowing you to make live bets during a game or race – so you won’t need to look far for this type of bet.
- Top In-Play Betting Sites
- bet365 In-Play Betting
- BetVictor In-Play Betting
- Betfair In-Play Betting
- BoyleSports In-Play Betting
- Coral In-Play Betting
- Ladbrokes In-Play Betting
- Parimatch In-Play Betting
- Unibet In-Play Betting
- What Does Inplay Mean in Betting?
- How to Bet InPlay at Bookmakers
- What We Look For in InPlay Betting Sites
- Fast Updates
- Competitive Odds
- Live Streaming
- Lots of Betting Markets
- Easy to Use
- Licensed & Regulated
- What Sports Can I Bet on In-Play?
- Advantages of Live Betting
- Can You Cash Out on InPlay Betting?
- Can I Bet In Play from Mobile?
- Free Bets for In Play Betting
- Types of Free Bets
- Terms for Free Bets
- Do Free Bets Expire?
- In Play Betting Strategy
- What Does In-Running Bets Mean?
- What Types of Sports Betting Can I Bet In Play?
- What is a Live Streaming Service?
- Other Names for Inplay Betting
- Other Inplay Articles
Top In-Play Betting Sites
Check out all of the best in play betting sites below:
- Bet365 is voted the number 1 in-play betting site – you can make live betting on some betting markets. The interface is simple to use, and they boast several different sports betting – scroll through their in-play bets and odds from your phone or desktop.
Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets for new customers at bet365.Full T&C's Apply
Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. Registration required.
- BetVictor live betting has a complete in-play section that comprises different sports betting markets including football, horse racing and more. This amazing bookmaker is known for having an easy-to-use inplay betting site.
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £10+ at odds 2.00+, in 7 days. No cash out. Get 4x £10 Free Bets on selected events. 7 day bonuses expiry. Card payments only. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsiblyFull T&C's Apply
- Betfair is a celebrated bookmaker that displays a range of in-play markets – it comes with an in play offering for new customers. The live betting can be used with the latest welcome offer once qualifying bets are met.
New Customer offer. Place a min £10 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £30 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- Boylesports is a renowned bookmaker with in-play betting founded in 1982 in Ireland. This site offers a range of sports betting and an extensive live betting market. Boylesports provides great minimum odds for in-running bets.
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Coral is one of the biggest bookmakers in the UK, and they now showcase a multitude of in-play betting markets for football, racing and other sports. They have an in-play section and live streaming on different events.
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Ladbrokes has made it into our top 10 in-play betting list – this is the best live betting site for a range of markets in different sports. If you’re yet to join you can make qualifying bets to activate the welcome offer. The bet settlement rules still apply.
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £/€5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £/€5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Parimatch was founded in 1994 in Ukraine and is now a renowned worldwide bookmaker with in-play markets. You can bet on live games as they’re bein played – enjoy live betting odds from your mobile app with iOS or Android.
18+ begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- Unibet are famous for their exciting in-play options – this includes Action Betting that can settle live bets within 60 seconds. Bet on live games and place on markets such as the next dart in treble 20, the next throw in or the next point in basketball.
18+ begambleaware.org.Full T&C's Apply
Find the ideal betting site for you – if you’re yet to join one of the above, it’s likely that you will be privy to a welcome offer. Click the above and then check the live betting markets, maximum free bet and place in play bets on the go.
What Does Inplay Mean in Betting?
In-play betting means you bet on a game or event that has already started. Despite the game already kicking off, you can wager on markets as the game is being played out.
You can bet on a game or race while it’s being determined – part of live betting is that you can wager on constantly changing odds.
Bet on your favourite pick; you can bet on the next goalscorer, result or other betting markets.
How to Bet InPlay at Bookmakers
Live betting is simple and can be found at most top bookmakers. Here’s how to bet in-play:
- Firstly, sign into your account or register a betting account.
- You can then visit the homepage of the bookies.
- From there, you will want to search for inplay markets
- Alternatively you can find the sport you wish to bet on and then select inplay
- Scroll the different markets
- Place your bets and stake as a single or multiple selection
- Deposit and confirm bet
What We Look For in InPlay Betting Sites
Our team of experts have years of betting experience, including in play. We look for certain things when choosing the best in-play betting sites.
Here are some of the features you should be factoring into your pick:
It’s integral for live betting sites to offer quick updates. The game is constantly changing, and thus, the odds can alter.
All of the best bookmakers have real-time score updates and are fast to update their odds.
We pick out bookmakers that have good odds for in play betting. It only makes sense to wager at sites that offer generous prices.
Bet in play with peace of mind, knowing that you will get great odds.
Lots of live betting sites now offer live streams, giving you the option to wager and watch.
There’s nothing more exciting than watching what you have bet on and then also being able to bet during the game.
Lots of the best bookies now have live streams for tennis, greyhound racing, horse racing, badminton, table tennis and other events.
Lots of Betting Markets
The top betting sites have a broad range of betting markets. This gives you plenty of choice when it comes to placing bets.
Easy to Use
A user-friendly interface is a must; we take navigation, layout and overall ease of use into consideration.
We want users to have the best experience online and navigation can play a big part in online betting.
Licensed & Regulated
We only pick out the best live betting sites that are trusted bookies. This means that they are licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission.
We test and trial all our picks, meaning there are only reputable casinos or bookies from the gambling industry.
What Sports Can I Bet on In-Play?
You won’t be short of sports to choose from. Check out the following sports betting available for inplay:
- Horse Racing
- American Football
- Greyhound Racing
- Table Tennis
- Ice Hockey
Most popular sports are all available with in play bets. Enjoy live football betting markets, horse racing and more with the best live betting sites.
Advantages of Live Betting
There are lots of advantages of inplay bets and that is why many punters opt for live betting over pre match bets.
Here are some of the benefits or reasons why people pick inplay:
- Bet & Watch: You can bet on a football match or other sport while the game is in play, this allows you to change your mind or bet on something you predict after watching the gameplay.
- Free Bets: Enjoy free bets with in play betting. Many of the bets can be used across the football market options and this includes live bets.
- Changing Odds: Make the most of the changing odds. As they change, you can place bets during the game. This allows you to capitalise on the odds and get great prices.
- Lots of Markets: You won’t be short on markets. Inplay has lots of inplay betting markets.
- No Time Limit: It doesn’t matter if you miss the kick-off. You can
Can You Cash Out on InPlay Betting?
The Cash Out feature can be used alongside in-play bets. This function allows you to take an early offer before the outcome is determined.
You should check the bookmaker you’re using to see if they offer a Cash Out feature for live betting, but for the most part you can enjoy cashing out early.
Find out what you’re being offered as a cash out amount and decide whether you want to take it. Many bookmakers also offer a partial cashout which enables you to keep a percentage of the bet running and also take a percentage of the winnings too.
Can I Bet In Play from Mobile?
Bookmakers have two playable mobile versions – a mobile browser version and a downloadable mobile app.
The apps are generally a better experience as they are created especially for mobile use. Enjoy in-play mobile betting while on the move.
This form of betting works well with mobiles as you may find yourself on the move during a game, but you will still gain access to the latest in-play bets.
Free Bets for In Play Betting
Free bets for inplay betting are free bets offered as a promotion. They’re risk-free and generally come with wagering requirements that must be met before you can take winnings.
Most free offers are dedicated to new customers, as a way for bookies to encourage new customers to sign up.
Free bets for inplay are usually football bets that UK customers can use on any football markets including live betting.
There are different types of free bets with deposit, no deposit, money back and more.
Types of Free Bets
The different types of free bets include:
- Deposit bonuses that require a first qualifying bet
- No Deposit bonus that is completely free and requires no deposit
- Cashback Offers that give you money back if you lose by one selection or if you lose
Terms for Free Bets
Here are things to bear in mind with free in play betting:
- May require a first qualifying bet
- May require a qualifying real money bet (stake)
- Wagering requirements may be attached
- Free bets credited after settlement of qualifying bet
- Min odds must be met
- Certain deposit methods and bet types excl
- Money back is usually in the form of free bets
- Free bets valid for a set time
- Free bet stakes not included in returns
Do Free Bets Expire?
Free bets on football games or other in-play settings generally expire within seven days of being active. This can differ between bookmakers, always check the terms and conditions to be sure of the offers.
In Play Betting Strategy
What Does In-Running Bets Mean?
In-Running is an in-play bet for horse racing. This bet allows you to bet while the race is in action.
Bet during the race as the meet is being raced. You can see how the horse racing starts, and you can also try some of the tipster’s favourite strategies for live betting.
Also, make the most of in-play betting features and in-play betting options to make the most of this bet type.
What Types of Sports Betting Can I Bet In Play?
Whether you’re opting for horse racing multiple bets or markets on a single football game – you can use the inplay betting markets.
Scroll to the inplay section and pick out the games or events you wish to bet on as the action unfolds.
What is a Live Streaming Service?
Bookmakers give you access to a live streaming service, it’s the same live stream that you’d see in a local bookmakers.
You can wager on live games with in play offers and watch the live stream as you bet. The live stream will be available from the bookmaker’s website.
Inplay betting is worth it for the changing betting odds, excitement and the in play betting features.
If the football match has already kicked off, fear not, you can still place in play bets. Find the best live betting sites and put together a single bet, accumulator or bet builder on live games.
Other Names for Inplay Betting
- Live Betting Sites
- Live Bets
- Live Betting Apps
- Live Bet Sites
- Live In Play Betting
- Live Odds Betting
- Football InPlay
- Inplay Golf Betting
- Sky Bet Inplay
- In-Running Bets
- In-Match Betting
- In-Game Betting